What Is MyHerbalife.com and Why Did the FTC Investigate Them.
Come across and asking What Is MyHerbalife.com, is MyHerbalife.com a scam, is MyHerbalife a Pyramid Scheme etc. In my unaffiliated, unbiased review I will answer those questions while finding data on owner ID, FTC Investigation and is it actually running an illegal operation online since 1998 and only coming to light now. Though a MLM (Multi Level Marketing) Company, its ‘legality’, is under heavy fire of late. Let us find out if it is even profitable to join herbalife.com and its primary source of income for distributors despite their product ranges.
Those seeking an online opportunity in Affiliate Marketing, by owning your own website, may wish to have a read of my Wealthy Affiliate Review >HERE< or Sign Up >HERE< for $0 Start Up Opportunity! Paid Options Available for Quicker Success..
Founder:- Mark Reynolds Hughes – 1956/2000. Owned by Herbalife International America, Inc.
CEO:- Michael O Johnson.
Fee’s:- Minimum $60 – Comes with Many Nasty Up Sales!
SCAM?:- NO! IT’S ACCUSATIONS OF BEING AN ILLEGAL PYRAMID SCHEME WAS SETTLED OUT OF COURT FOR 200 MILLION DOLLARS WITH THE FTC (FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION). HOWEVER, MANY FORMER MEMBERS DO CALL THEM A SCAM!
#1 RECOMMENDATION:- Wealthy Affiliate.
Answering What Is MyHerbalife.com and is it a Pyramid Scheme – Including Back Ground Check!
What is MyHerbalife.com is simply myherbalife login page or sign up page. It is owned by the same people as herbalife.com. You can sign up as a ‘Preferred Member’, meaning as a customer, or a Distributor to sell on product where you need your sponsors referral ID to do so.
Current CEO is, as mentioned, Michael O Johnson whom vigorously denies Herbalife is a Pyramid Scheme (Which, I 100% assure you, it absolutely is!) and who’s members exaggerate claims of product health benefits such as:-
**A 40-YEAR WOMAN ATTRIBUTED HER PREGNANCY TO A HERBAL LIFE DRINK!**
**ANOTHER WOMAN CLAIMS, ON TV, HER DOG STARTED TO WALK AGAIN AFTER GIVING HIM HERBALIFE AURAL DROPS!**
I will compile a few more of ridiculous and unproven claims at the bottom of this post – It is GOING TO BE HILARIOUS 🙂 .
To complete the check on them, in WHOIS, founder name is not disclosed and all other details seem legit. However, Founder is clearly find able online and attaches his name to the company.
So, why is it a Pyramid Scheme?
Members are sold a ‘dream’ of a life if you join them. YOU can be your own boss, set your own hours and live a great life just by selling their healthy living food and drink ranges and referring others. Sadly though, once you get hooked with a low starter fee of just $60, the up sales go way up!
Here is how it works:- There are several levels to buy products on. Each higher level (increasing buying more and more in bulk) brings big savings on products. Thus, when you sell on that product per retail price you are to be good profits! That’s the plan in theory.
In my research I have come across reports of its members who have their Garages Full of Herbalife Products that THEY CAN NOT SELL! This is called ‘Garage Approved’ and a term coined for failed MLM Members of any kind.
At such a point the member makes a huge loss and quite as they have run out of money. We also have to consider the expiration dates and so I imagine many products were just thrown out.
Some Key Points on their website regarding making money:-
- Most members join just to get the products at a discounted rate.
- Many join to make a ‘little extra cash’ by selling to family and friends.
- Per their site only 14% of their participants in the USA (78,000) made a minimum of One Referral and. 39,000 people, give or take, make above $245 in earnings – FOR A WHOLE YEARS WORK IN 2015!!!
- Only 10% (780)made above 4K! Still, not worth your while for a years work and is a ‘slave wage‘ to say the least.
- Only 1% (780 people) made above 82K – AFTER BEING WITH THEM BETWEEN 3/35 YEARS – AVERAGE IS 13 YEARS!
As we can plainly see – money floats to the top members, hence a Pyramid Scheme. Very few members make any real money by selling the products they have bought. In particular, YouTube the Latinos Community complaints of being pulled in by friends, and getting into horrific debt. There are many tearful testimonies of this nature!
Many former members have come out on camera and said that the only real way to make money is to make referrals. Once your referrals start selling products then you get a commission for that. When their referrals sell products you still make commission. Per my understanding, this continues right through your down lines. Selling products does not even make you enough money to pay ANY bills!! I am STUNNED this is allowed to be ‘labeled’ as ‘legal’.
SO! Real Income for Distributors comes from new sign ups, without which, the whole program collapses leaving many without profit – well – they are already doing that anyways.
FTC REPORT INVESTIGATION ON HERBALIFE!
Bill Auckman, an American Hedge Fund CEO of Pershing Square Capital Management USA, put out rumors that Herbalife was Pyramid Scheme. The conspiracy goes that many, after this rumor was spread, called the FTC (Federal Trade Commission who’s sole purpose is to protect consumers and prevent coercive monopolies) to tell them this.
Bill Auckman was accused of spreading this rumor in light of the fact he placed a 1 BILLION DOLLAR GAMBLE AGAINST HERBAL LIFE STOCK PRICES FALLING! This clearly shows motive and ads credence to his accusers who say he did this to MANIPULATE THE STOCK MARKETS!
The FTC had no choice but to investigate. After one year of doing so they said that Herbalife is not a Pyramid Scheme, but made a fatal ‘slip’ when they said they basically are a Pyramid Scheme. Keep in mind as well Herbalife has/had at least TWO FORMER STAFF MEMBERS OF THE FTC WORKING IN THEIR COMPANY.
Below is a fatal answer from FTC Chairwoman Edith Ramirez when asked that they admit Herbalife has all the hall marks of a pyramid scheme.
“THEY DID NOT INTEND NOT TO BE A PYRAMID SCHEME”.
SO, they intended to be a pyramid scheme?
For me, that is the final nail in the coffin for this ‘MLM’!! BELOW I shall collate a list of ridiculous claims by the company in the past and by its members desperate to sell products.
Unproven and Ridiculous Health Claims!
Before we begin this journey into madness, you should know, it is illegal under FDA Regulations to make deceptive and misleading claims about one’s products. Herbal Life has been doing this for decades. They were taken to court and ordered to STOP MAKING FALSE CLAIMS of this nature. They still persist in lying to the public openly and without regard to consequences.!!
I will now provide a list of the most and hilarious health claims made by this company and its members sourced online. I will leave attribution. Enjoy! 🙂 .
- “My asthma and bronchitis completely went away and never come back. I have never had another asthma attack since I have been taking the product“. Facts About Herbalife YouTube Channel.
- “I haven’t had a migraine in over six years. It’s definitely because of the products.” Sourced as above.
- “I had no more problems with my stomach. I mean like, in two days, I felt like a different human.” Sourced as above.
- “You know what, you can literally eat all day, and fat literally melts away with these programs.” (LOL!). Sourced above
- “This is an incredible product for women, its get rid of the cellulite from right here.” (motioning to thighs, sides etc. Sourced above.
- “I was diagnosed with Hiatal Hernia.” (opening in diaphragm) “and an ulcer in my esophagus. After starting using our nutritional products I was able to get off all medication.” All statements fly against very specific regulations about making false claims to cure conditions and false claims of weight loss despite calorie intake. Sourced from above.
- “Whether they are looking for weight loss, looking for energy, looking for their skin to feel better, better heart health, brain health. Right here.” CEO Michael O Johnson – all statements thus far are breaking the law.
I think you get the picture and I did not have to look far to find these false claims in one video.
- Earn Money From All Down Lines.
- Potentially Lucrative For Some.
- Two Ways of Earning Money.
- Gives Out Full Refund In The First Year.
- Makes illegal health benefit claims without proof.
- Puts heavy emphasis on recruiting new distributors rather than on selling products.
- 99% of distributors rake in less than minimum wage.
- 88% of distributors earn nothing.
- Products are nearly impossible to sell per members experiences.
- Members are training to lie to new recruits about their experiences on selling and earning.
- Earnings are grossly exaggerated.
- Herbal Life (prior to FTC Investigation) did not keep any distributor product selling stats records to prove the sell ability success of their ranges to new distributors.
- Powerful friends to lobby on their behave.
- FTC stopped short of calling them a Pyramid Scheme and was happy with 200 million dollars out of court settlement! By doing so, and admitting they are a Pyramid Scheme – WITHOUT SAYING THE WORDS ‘PYRAMID SCHEME’ – HAVE NEGATED THEIR OWN MISSION STATEMENT THUS THEIR PURPOSE. IN 4 DECADES THEY HAVE ONLY INVESTIGATED ABOUT TWO DOZEN MLMS! THAT IS A LOW SCORE FOR ME. HERBAL STILL CONTINUES!!! 🙁 . One can hope they no longer make such claims presently.
4th of April 1985, Herbalife made some exaggerated statements – see below:-
As you can see, they started lying way back in the 1980S, AND HAVE NOT STOPPED SINCE!
SCAM RATING:- 45/100 FOR LASTING 3 DECADES – DESPITE CLAIMS OF BEING AN ILLEGAL PYRAMID! PUTS INSANE EMPHASIS ON RECRUITING. NOT PROFITABLE AND HAS DAMAGED MILLIONS OF LIVES OF ALL AGES GLOBALLY!! However, they are legit and not a scam as they have made people money. What is the difference between those that were successful and those that weren’t? The successful ones had training in SEO! With such training only then could I recommend them as their products do have a Global Demand.
HAVE YOUR SAY!
THIS FORUM IS NOW OPEN! Did you join the site I just reviewed? What was your experience? Did you earn or did you lose a lot of money as many have? Where did the emphasis lie – on sales of products or new distributors? Whatever your story, opinion etc you are most welcome to leave that below to help others stay out of harms way. Their up sales levels has people spending thousands that they do not have and still earn nothing. Now that I have answered What Is MyHerbalife.com, and revealed how destructive and misleading they are, I do hope you make a decision that is best for you. I welcome all your comments and look forward to them below 🙂 .
For those interested in a real way to make money online you can click my